Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trailer Roundup: TIFF Preview Edition

Today marks the kickoff to this year’s Toronto Film Festival, and once again I won’t be able to go. The simple reason is money, or lack thereof- sadly, it’s looking more and more like my 2007 trip to the fest was a one-time thing, or at least something that won’t be repeated for some years yet. Still, it’s fun to imagine that I’ll be going back again this year- I even took the time to sketch out a purely hypothetical schedule for myself. And even though I won’t be making the trip myself, you can bet that I’ll be following those who do, including such SLH faves as Scott and Noel at the Onion AV Club, Mike D’Angelo, Victor Morton, Girish, and many more. Oh, and some guy named Roger.

For those playing at home, here are a few trailers and videos from some of my most-anticipated films of the fest. In no particular order:

L’Enfer d’Henri-Georges Clouzot (Bromberg/Medrea, Real to Reel)


Antichrist (Von Trier, Masters)


Face (Tsai, Visions)


La Danse: The Paris Opera Ballet (Wiseman, Mavericks)


A Serious Man (Coens, Special Presentations


Enter the Void (Noe, Vanguard)


Vincere (Bellocchio, Masters)


The Time That Remains (Suleiman, CWC)


The Informant! (Soderbergh, Special Presentations)


The White Ribbon (Haneke, Masters)


My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done? (Herzog, Special Presentations)


Mother (Bong, Special Presentations)


And of course…
Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (Herzog, Special Presentations)

1 comment:

MovieSet said...

If you are interested, MovieSet has a ton of clips, trailers and behind the scenes interviews from many films screening at TIFF - So much stuff in fact that you could have hold your own TIFF-light-fest at home ;-).

Hope you find something you enjoy!