Friday, December 12, 2008

20 + 1 Actresses (for the Meme, don'tcha know)

Earlier this week, Nathaniel over at The Film Experience posted pics of his top 20 actresses, and since then it's become the meme sensation that's sweeping the blog-nation. As yet, nobody has officially tagged me, but I've never let that stop me before. So here's my contribution to the cause- if these aren't necessarily my "top 20", they're certainly 20 who've fascinated me and given me plenty of enjoyment as a moviegoer. And now, away we go, in rough chronological order:


Louise Brooks

Marlene Dietrich

Barbara Stanwyck

Gloria Grahame

Delphine Seyrig

Gena Rowlands

Catherine Deneuve

Vanessa Redgrave

Juliet Berto

Liv Ullmann

Hanna Schygulla

Madeline Kahn

Isabelle Huppert

Meryl Streel... er, Streep

Linda Manz

Judy Davis

Juliette Binoche

Maggie Cheung

Emmanuelle Devos

And finally, in tribute to the overpowering awesomeness of Synecdoche, New York, the Kaufmanesque doppelgangers...

Samantha Morton, and...

Emily Watson

No comments: