Sunday, September 30, 2007

Famous Last Words- Round 1, Week 1

Welcome all to the inaugural week of competition in my Famous Last Words contest. I hope you've all had a chance to survey the rules I posted previously. Here's the short version- every Sunday, I post the final line (or dialogue exchange) from a feature film, and you guess the film from which I've taken them. Please submit all guesses- educated or otherwise- to lastwordsquiz@yahoo.com before 11:59 PM next Saturday night.

Before I move on to the quote, I want to announce that I've come up with a prize for the winner of this round- a $20 gift certificate from The Criterion Store. Not extravagant I know, but I figure it's something that the people who would play this game could use. Although if the winner of the round lives outside North America, I'm sure we could come to an agreement as to a region-appropriate alternate prize.

Moving on... For this first week, I'm going with the final line of a movie I'm pretty sure most of you have seen, many more than once. Maybe it's my way of testing to see how many of you are out there, or simply a semi-gimme for the people who will be playing from the beginning. Anyway, here it is:

"Say, friend- you got any more of that good sarsaparilla?"

E-Mail your guesses to me at this address. See you next Sunday!

No comments: