Saturday, November 17, 2007

Face Time #29 (still walkin' about after all these years?)


David Gulpilil

(even more than most of the faces I include here, I would call Gulpilil's a "comfort face," in the sense that I'm always happy to see it turn up in a movie no matter how small the role. Heck, the guy never seems to play anything but the token Aborigine in various Australian productions, but though I admit that typecasting is a bitch I always feel like I'm catching up with an old friend every time I see him in a movie. The years haven't necessarily been easy on the guy, but take another look and try to tell me that isn't a face with character to spare.)

1 comment:

Jason_alley2 said...

I totally agree. And what a great voice! Possibly my favorite thing about "Ten Canoes" was hearing his lovely, good-humored narration.