Sunday, May 31, 2009

Screengrab in Exile

All of the world's Screengrab fans were saddened Friday by the shuttering of your favorite movie site and mine, The Screengrab. I know I was- I liked having a writing job that was a little more visible than this one, plus the paychecks didn't hurt either.

But for all of you who want to keep tabs on the rest of the Screengrab gang, I've added a new blog in the "Other Hats I Wear" section of my sidebar called Screengrab in Exile. In addition to linking to new work on the blogs of the different writers, Screengrab in Exile will also contain some new blog-specific content- perhaps even some from me.

I've been touched over the past month over the outpouring of sympathy from the Screengrab readers over the closing of the site. I know that our fanbase wasn't as large or as vocal as that of The Onion AV Club or The House Next Door, but they were certainly passionate. It's enough to make me wonder if we should have tried to elicit donations, D'Angelo-style. Too late for that now, I suppose...

No comments: