Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Muriel Awards: Best Supporting Performance, Female

"Adriana Barraza's compelling performance in Babel takes the audience on the shattering journey through Amelia's fear and guilt-stricken terror after she is coerced into the unwise decision to take the two young children she nannies for (as an illegal immigrant) in Southern California across the Mexican border to attend her brother's wedding. On the return trip home, we watch in desperation as Barraza is forced to make a gut-wrenching life and death decision when things go terribly awry for she and the children in the unforgiving Mexican desert. Barraza's is the character I empathize with the most as she forges on in the unbearable desert heat like a fierce, yet trapped mother lion, pushed to the brink of madness." ~ Jenny Sekwa

Click here for complete results

9 comments:

Kza said...

To the people who voted for Asia Argento and Naomie Harris: you rock. I lacked the guts.

Steve C. said...

Barraza over Kikuchi? I demand a recount!

Anonymous said...

Recount THIS, Carlson.

*sharpens my slingblade*

mmmmmmhmmmmmmmmm

Kikuchi was a close second for me. At least noone noticed that I have a penchant for run-on sentences. Or you're being very polite!

James said...

Disappointed that Kikuchi didn't win, but Barraza certainly isn't undeserving.

Paul C. said...

I was just glad that someone else was with me on Mia Kershner. Although I was saddened to be the only one who voted for Leachman. I at least expected Steve to be with me on how awesome she was in BEERFEST, one of the year's better surprises.

Steve C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve C. said...

LOL! Leachman was definitely great, I'll agree. If we'd gone to ten, I probably would have thrown her in (Kirshner too). "Who wants some sausage?"

Paul C. said...

"I always like to take a little sausage to bed with me..."

heyrocker said...

How could you not vote for Naomie Harris? She's like every film geek guy's wet dream (yes I voted for her.)

I missed most of the apparently notable actress films this year, these were my hardest categories to fill (along with breakthrough which I drew a total blank on.)