Thursday, February 07, 2008

Don't say you weren't warned... (edited Feb 8)

In preparation for the upcoming announcement of The Muriel Awards, Muriels voter Craig Kennedy showed off his PhotoShop know-how and concocted this little gem, which amuses me to no end:


That Muriel isn't one to be trifled with, that's for certain. But wait, there's more!

Personally, I think that given the shape of her head, Muriel is better suited to wearing Vader's helmer, but still... funny. I almost want to postpone the awards again just to see how long Craig can keep this going.

Also, a big thanks for fellow Muriels voter Martin McClellan, who graciously donated his time and design skills to the cause by creating the cool Muriels mini-banner you can find in the upper right-hand corner of this blog. So if you've seen those on some other blogs around the blogosphere, now you know who to thank.

5 comments:

Jason_alley2 said...

That's one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Craig Kennedy said...

Apologies for my wretched Photoshop skills. I'm going for a cheap, early David Letterman asthetic here.

Steve C. said...

Don't apologize -- that shit's awesome, dude.

Paul C. said...

Yeah, half the charm of it is the fakery. If they were too good we'd be marveling at how skillful they were. But these are just well-done enough to get the point across, and the obviously pasted-in Muriel head just adds to the funny.

So what's next? I'm holding out for a Jaws knockoff (just when you thought it was safe to go back to the multiplex...). Actually, that might make Kza's head explode.

Craig Kennedy said...

Thanks a lot guys, these are fun. I wasn't really planning on a series, but ideas kept popping into my head.

Jaws actually came to mind and we may yet see one.