Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Screengrab- Bringing You Up to Speed

Hey folks. I'm guessing there will be some actual original content around the corner, but until then I'll link you to the stuff I've done for Screengrab thusfar. I probably oughtn't to advocate reading just my stuff- there are other writers working there too, most better than I- but for people who (a) just want to check out what I've been up to, or (b) want to avoid some of the more risqué material on the blog, these should suit your purposes, aside from the occasional F-bomb. In the future, I'll include a roundup of the past week's pieces along with Thursday's Movie Moment link-post. I only hope I can maintain my current productivity, not least because the more I write the more they pay me.

In reverse chronological order:

Heaven's Gate: A Reassessment
- more or less what it sounds like

The Most Dangerous Films Ever Made, Part 1 and Part 2- I did the blurbs for Heaven's Gate, Fitzcarroldo, and Twilight Zone

Trailers From Hell
, Manna From Heaven- appreciation of a fun vintage-trailer site

Boycotting The Departed? Say It Ain't So, J-Ro- because someone had to say it

Controversy of the Week: Great Iranian Director Denied Entry Into U.S.- about the Jafar Panahi fiasco

Best Nude Scenes of 2006, Part 1 and Part 2- I blurbed Gretchen Mol, Anapolia Mushkadiz, Mia Kershner, Paula Patton, Bryce Dallas Howard, and yes, Ken Davitian

Of Genre Pics and Oscar Winners- an appreciation of 1971 Best Picture The French Connection

Live-Blogging (Sorta) The Oscars- complete with shout-outs to foxy starlets and occasional snarky remarks

Oscar predictions- included for the curious, so try not to laugh

Also, now I'm on the same writing staff as the great Vern. I'm officially stoked.

No comments: