Monday, October 20, 2008

Passing the Hat

Normally, I'm not the sort of blogger who goes hitting up his readers for money. I think it's a little tacky, especially when I update this blog so infrequently that it barely even qualifies as a hobby. But I'm making an exception here for what I believe is a worthy cause.

Earlier this month, fellow blogger, longtime Silly Hats Only reader, inaugural Muriel Awards voter and all around good dude Andrew Bemis finished shooting his debut feature, entitled Black Light. Now that shooting has been completed, Andrew has begun trying raise funds for post-production and promotional costs. Andrew goes into greater detail on the film's blog, Black Light Journals.

Now, I realize that times are tight right now with the economic crisis and all. But I also believe in helping out stand-up folks who are trying to get a foothold in the movie industry. I realize what a tough racket it can be, and Andrew is to be applauded for even trying to navigate it. Any help you might be able to give him to complete the film will be appreciated by both Andrew and me.

To information on how to donate, click here.

No comments: