Sunday, August 27, 2006

News

After some deliberations, I decided to make a new personal weblog, since this one was being dominated by film pieces lately. Maybe having two blogs will encourage me to devote time to both, though I make no promises. The new site can be found at:

http://opalnotfilms.blogspot.com

Get it? Since it's not about films? Hahahahahaha *snort* *sigh*

In other news, I didn't see any new movies this week, so instead of my promised one new film piece I'll be posting another piece on a classic within the next few days, although which remains to be seen. In the mean time, check out my two cents on PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE below.

I also tinkered a little bit with my top 100(+2) list today, bumping up an old favorite into a higher spot. I still plan to add more films to the list, some interspersed with the original selections and others appended onto it. I won't commit to a date at this point, except to say that it ought to happen by the end of the year.

Finally, take 2-odd minutes of your time and check out my favorite trailer of 2006 (to date). I liked IN THE BEDROOM a great deal, but I wasn't especially excited for Field's follow-up until I saw this.

No comments: